DIY Kylie Jenner Heir Metal Matte Lipstick

In today's post I have a little DIY for you guys, I'm going to show you how to easily get a subtle rose gold metallic lip. Lately I've been seeing a comeback of the metallic lip. A few years ago it was absolutely not done and matte lips were all the rage. Now it's slowly becoming acceptable again. I'm still not sure what I think about this return but I did love the look of the Kylie Jenner Metallic Lip Kit in the shade Heir. It was one of their Coachelle releases and I love the look of it. A subtle rose gold that looks gorgeous on everyone I've seen it on. I wanted to try it but I didn't want to spend a sh*t load of money and taxes on the lip kit. Therefore I started playing with some products I already own and came up with my own, homemade version.

This is the photo I based my colour of. As you can see the colour of Kylie's lips is a nice pinky shade with a golden sheen. I went through my collection and grabbed products I thought would achieve this look. I choose a pinky nude lipstick by Rimmel from the Kate Moss collection in the shade 03, a pinky nude gloss by Fleur de Force in the shade 020 Written In The Stars and the infamous Mary-Lou Manizer by TheBalm for the golden sheen. This is the look the combination of those three product gives. I had already highlighter my cupids bow but I'm not sure if that's the best thing to do with a metallic lip colour like this one. Up close it kind of looks like I coloured outside the lines but nobody is this close to my face and from a normal distance it makes my lips look more pouty and fuller. Achieving the metallic lip look is very easy. Just apply a lipstick and/or gloss and pad a highlighter on top. Easy right? You don't have to use a lipgloss on top but I noticed the highlighter blends in better if you do use a gloss. I really like the finished result and I also like that you can really switch up the base if you make your own lip colour. I made a very nude base but you can easily go darker, more pink or even red. It's up to to you.  I do recommend using a normal creamy lipstick or a matte one with a gloss for this trick. I tried it with some liquid lipstick and it didn't work properly, dabbing in the highlighter really made the product move around and the sheen ended up looking really patchy and just not pretty.

And that's how you can make your own Kylie Jenner Metall Matte Lipstick. Just find a highlighter with a beautiful golden sheen and a creamy base colour. I even think this DIY version wears more comfortable that the original since it's not a liquid lipstick. It's much less drying. In total this lip colour cost me around €45 euro's which is quit a lot but considering these are products I already own, use and love, it's basically free. Just browse around your collection and maybe you'll have a Kylie Jenner Metall Matte Lipstick dupe lurking around as well.

Love,
E

No comments